Thursday, December 2, 2010

Aloha Friday

Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday, where I ask a simple question for you to answer in the comments (if you want to).

My son recently blew me away when he showed me some artwork he had done. They were Scribbleprints, like mine, only with his own flair! I was really touched...and impressed. Not that what I do is that hard...but for a 7 year old, they were really good, and I thought it was sweet that he wanted to do something like me.

Here's one he did...


He was imitating my cross in the magnet holding it...
here it is larger:

 He said he was trying to get it like mine...but I actually like 
the way it's different then the one I drew.  How his is more symmetrical, but not completely. 
And I loved his other scribbleprints which were less imitations and let his originality shine through.


So, here's today's questions:
  • What's the sweetest way your child has imitated you?

    Please leave your answer in a comment below.  And, if you have a blog and would like to post your own question you can leave your link at An Island Life.

    Oh, and I have to mention...this question was in some part inspired by a similar question at TechyDad about ways our children resemble us. Always love his Aloha Friday posts...they're often very insightful, and nearly always make me think (which is a good thing...I need to keep my brain awake).

    9 comments:

    1. My daughter always tries to "Mother" her brother. Usually she is just trying to discipline, but if he gets hurt, she will comfort him the same way I do.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Although grown now, my daughter has picked up all the best of me. Baking, Sewing, being creative with crafts. I must say she is a better mother than I was.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I don't have any kids yet. I imitated my mom by not worrying about being different. We both have a unique style and I see it in my oldest niece.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hmmm, That's an interesting questions. I think just in his facial expressions....

      ReplyDelete
    5. Sweet? I don't know but, I do see them doing things the way I would do them (my kids are grown).

      Have a great Friday!
      http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/12/what-have-you-had-to-wait-for/

      ReplyDelete
    6. That is some really good art! And so so sweet!

      I think they imitate my behaviour, manners etc, but one of the sweet ways is in dancing. Or when they try to draw me on a photo with things they think I like.

      Stay warm!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Wow that drawing is seriously impressive! My son often sings along to the songs that we play in the car, rarely kids music but it's really cute to see him trying to learn the words (poorly) and sing along to mommy's favorite songs.

      ReplyDelete